Combining Waxes…

Green/Grey Combo

It’s obvious that green is a favorite of Trish, but grey is pulling through as a top contender in the mix…It’s seems to be as neutral as the browns, beige and tans have been for years!!! It obviously goes with all the beautiful blues from Annie Sloan, but using it with green simply shows off it’s vibrance and beauty as well.

Tagged by Hueology
BEFORE

This fabulous piece was done in a matter of minutes (well, ok… maybe a couple of hours), but what a difference it made to this ho-hum dark brown table (shown above). After a bit of distressing, the final touch was clear wax on top of the green and dark wax added to the grey.

Table of Lovely Shades

For Sale…Sweet!!!

Don’t you love the richness? What have you done with your wax from Annie Sloan? PLEASE share so we can have fun too!!! Interested in buying this pretty little jewel? Drop by Total Bliss in Summerfield, NC or e-mail us about shipping.

You might also like

35 Comments on Combining Waxes…

1. Farmer's Wyfe
    August 12, 2011 at 11:36 am (6 years ago)

What fun colors!! Love it!

2. Stacey
    August 12, 2011 at 1:22 pm (6 years ago)

REally pretty!
    STacey of Embracing Change

3. Norma's Kentiques
    August 12, 2011 at 4:18 pm (6 years ago)

Love those colors together! Beautiful work!

4. Darleen
    August 12, 2011 at 5:06 pm (6 years ago)

Beautiful combination of color. My husband is prepping a piece as I type and I was viewing the Friday feature at Miss Mustard Seed for ideas. I scrolled past yours and yelled, “Hold the phone, I think we have a contender!” Love the look!

5. Karajeanne
    August 13, 2011 at 7:52 pm (6 years ago)

That looks lovely, I’ve often thought of using that color combo because I have leftover paint in both those colors, but I always think it will look tacky, you’ve shown me how wonderful it can look…what vision. I’m following to see what you come up with next
    Karajeanne

6. Anonymous
    August 13, 2011 at 8:09 pm (6 years ago)

Love the bright colors – I’ve mixed dark and clear wax together to make a less darkening mix, but had not thought of using different waxes on different sections. I’m workng on several mismatched pieces of my own bedroom furniture, along with a dining room buffet – I’ve jumped in with both feet!

I’m enjoying your blog so much – now if I could just make my Blgger allow me to comment as ME instead of as Anonymous…
    K-Sue createdfgw@gmail.com
    www createdforgoodworks.blogspot.com

7. Jake
    August 14, 2011 at 10:15 pm (6 years ago)

I’m a huge coloroholic! And these colors look wonderful together. Great job!

8. Goo Goo Buy Buy...
    August 15, 2011 at 9:28 pm (6 years ago)

I have a table almost identical to this in my garage. Was thinking of painting the top one color and the legs another, but I like what you’ve done, too. Hmmm…

9. Katie
    August 18, 2011 at 6:53 am (6 years ago)

Beautiful! Love how the two tones bring out the lines of the table.

10. d e l i g h t
    August 18, 2011 at 8:59 am (6 years ago)

Love the hues you have used and the distressing. Looking forward to more of your projects. A new follower.

11. rachel @ gilly grey
    August 18, 2011 at 9:28 pm (6 years ago)

Just popped over from MMS! Congrats on your feature! I’m loving your blog. I’ll be following 😉

Rachel
    xoxo

12. Sandi Sharp
    August 18, 2011 at 9:44 pm (6 years ago)

Sandi @ Making It Homey said… This is so beautiful, what a great job you did with the colors.

13. Lauren
    August 19, 2011 at 5:21 am (6 years ago)

This is gorgeous! I love the color combination. Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed–congrats on the feature.

14. Anonymous
    August 19, 2011 at 8:19 am (6 years ago)

Beautiful! Congrats on being featured on Miss Mustard Seed. I pulled her up this morning and there you were! Looking forward to seeing you soon!
    Amy @ Farm Chick Chic Design

15. Decor & Harmony @ 4290
    August 19, 2011 at 10:47 am (6 years ago)

Wow! What a great combination of colors, looking forward to seeing your next “huecreation.” I’m your newest follower.

16. Gina
    August 19, 2011 at 12:30 pm (6 years ago)

I just want you to know, that I will be stealing your color combo for something. I don’t have a piece of furniture in mind right now but… I am sure I will come up with something. I feel like I have been in a creative rut when it came to colors lately. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

17. wee bonny
    August 19, 2011 at 5:12 pm (6 years ago)

LOVE the color combo, but am I mistaken that it is only ASCP Antibes Green for the green or did you mix it with Old White or another color?? Dyeing (haha)to know!! I am now a happy follower!!

18. The Salvage Collection
    August 20, 2011 at 8:04 pm (6 years ago)

Just picked up my can of Antibes Green and now I can’t wait to get going on my next project! Way to go!

19. Leigh
    October 14, 2011 at 10:11 am (6 years ago)

Yes, what is the color combo…I have my brushes ready!

20. Vicki Shoemaker
    February 24, 2012 at 12:22 am (6 years ago)

Really, really like the vivid green with the gray. Nicely done!
    Vicki – CA Stockist Annie Sloan Chalk paint

21. Lindy Crain
    April 28, 2012 at 11:01 pm (5 years ago)

i add mineral spirits with the dark wax so its not so dark.

22. Anonymous
    September 15, 2012 at 7:38 am (5 years ago)

I was wondering where do you get the wax, and what kind is it? Thanks

23. Gepek Hauba
    May 18, 2013 at 10:28 am (4 years ago)

Hey fella! I have been searching the internet before I got into this blog. And I Have after a long time saw the thing I had been searching for! I really like this site. Domains that contain such a correct media are much better. I will recommend you to keep up the good job! It was my enjoyment to see your story! See my website and find definitely freeware free riot points and
    free riot points!
    Bye! 😛

24. Sevgi Ates
    September 17, 2013 at 7:25 am (4 years ago)

Thanks you for this write, i m enjoyed thanks you, masko